03 January, 2009

Update from Lazybones

And so this is Christmas, and what have you done, another year over.......oh, hang on, we've done that bit.

Well, here we are in 2009 and I am completely lacking in inspiration. My clothes are all tight, the floor needs Hoovering and I haven't left the house before 11am in the last fortnight. How is it? Blissful.

I'm not one of those people who make New Years resolutions, nor do I sit down and the start of the year and make a list of goals. I'm way too lazy for that. My sole contribution to personal organisation 2009 stylie has been to organise the massive pile of papers that had been growing on the kitchen table as well as going through a stack of DVDs in the vain hope of finding a couple of blank ones. This mammoth task occured today. By 3pm the place looked like a bomb had gone off in a recycling factory. I chose this time to try the pomegranate juice I'd bought the other day (it looked interesting) and watch some very bad TV. After an hour of procrastination I started again. I'm still not finished. There's a lot of stuff scattered across the floor but I'm loathe to pick it up because then I'll be reminded that the carpet needs Hoovering and I don't have the inclination to do that for at least a couple of days. There are bad things about living alone and there are good things. Not having to tidy up if you don't feel like it is a Very Good Thing.

In other news, marvellous news in the form of a knighthood for Terry Pratchett. Terry is one of my favourite authors and I like to see people I like getting nice things. It's as simple as that.

Secondly, I'm waiting for The Announcement. I've had some time to get used to the idea that David Tennant is going and I'm looking forward to finding out who will piloting the TARDIS in 2010. By the time most of you read this the announcement will have been made. I have absolutely no idea who it will be.

What else......not a lot, really. There's been nothing happening so there's nothing to say. Now if you'll excuse me I've got a sinkful of washing up to ignore.

4 comments:

Fen said...

i'm a bit excited about the new doctor, i just hope it's someone i like!! You're right, we've had time to get used to the fact that DT is leaving, though I'm still going to be heartbroken.

HH said...

Thanks for the heads up about the announcement SSS, I didn't realise it was today, though I had been thinking on it a bit lately. I can't wait to find out! Oh dear! I think I will have to watch some Doctor Who to keep me goig today.

mscrankypants said...

How can one expect to be productive when the announcement is looming? Impossible! Seriously, chuck all those do-good plans to the side until the new doctor is announced -- you might throw out a tax receipt instead of a lunch receipt from lack of concentration!

HH said...

Lol, MsC, it is very true, I did no work at all today in waiting for the announcement! Though I think I am pleased with the outcome.