17 March, 2009

Oh Happy Day



I have loved these women for years. Years and years. Female comedians in a mans industry and not only that but really, really funny female comedians. From their early work on The Comic Strip Presents to Girls on Top and then to their own series French and Saunders I watched with pride as they became high profile comedians up on the same level - if not higher - with some of the boys at the time. They were my favourites on Comic Relief. I remember watching the original sketch which was the inspiration for Absolutely Fabulous. I loved the Vicar of Dibley. I loved it all.

Now they've announced the end of their touring days and predictable tickets are rarer than hens teeth. I spent fruitless hours on the internet yesterday trying to get through but to no avail. Today I thought I'd give it one last go.

Guess who's got two tickets to see French and Saunders on the 1st of July at 8pm then?

4 comments:

ThePurpleOwl said...

Hi! Here from librarytart. I've got tickets for 16 July -- I'm calling them an early Mother's Day present for my mum, but to be honest I'm looking forward to it just as much as she is. :-)

mscrankypants said...

Arghhhh, I was procrastinating about forking out $160 a ticket (I can't sit anywhere but ground floor in the front half of the Palais because I get a weird feeling the roof is going to fall on me in the other sections) and by the time I decided I had missed out.

I hope they're are fantastic as I think they'll be.

SSS said...

Congratulations, Purple Owl! I can't wait.

Don't worry, MsCP, you can rely on me to tell you how fantastic they are. I'm dead generous like that.

NiC said...

I'm sure it will be an excellent show, their "Mamma Mia" pastiche on this year's Comic relief was an excellent take on one of the worst films of recent years (and I like Abba, Meryl Streep and Julie Walters).