26 February, 2008

What's it all about?

What's the point of a blog?

A good friend of mine has an excellent food blog. I can see the point of her blog. It's about food. Sometimes you get some information about the places she visits but essentially, it's about the food. When you read it you imagine you're in the kitchen, you can see the condensation on the windows and you wish you were standing close with a spoon.

But this blog? I suppose my plan is to treat it as my very own Pensieve. For those who are unfamiliar with the concept, it's an imaginary item from the Harry Potter books. A shallow basin into which one can pour their thoughts and memories, getting a good look at them with a bit of perspective.

I look forward to tipping out my thoughts over the next few weeks.

One of my favourite things - comedy

No comments: